New Years Eve Hors d'Oeurves
Ring in the new year with these festive, tasty snacks.
Web2Carz Contributing Writer
Published: December 27th, 2012
f you're hosting a New Year's Eve party this year or are in charge of bringing appetizers to one, you might be stumped on what to serve. You'll want to serve things that are both delicious and impressive, since New Year's Eve is the time of year when people's expectations for a party are heightened the most. Save serving something boring for any other party—now is a time to wow your guests. Here are several of our favorite hors d'oeurves for a party.
1) Crostini with Kale & Parmesan. These toasts feature strong flavors thanks to the kale and parmesan, but are simple to make and are a surefire crowd-pleaser.
2) Roasted Beet Toasts with Horseradish Cream. From Food & Wine Magazine, these are great for vegetarians or, really, anyone who likes delicious food. Served on rye bread toasts, these apps are easy to arrange and aren't too heavy.
3) Bacon Wrapped Dates. An easy-to-make snack that delivers the perfect balance of salty and sweet, all you need for bacon wrapped dates are bacon, dates, toothpicks, and an oven.
4) Gougeres. Choux dough, the same dough used for eclairs, is the star of the show this time. Instead of sweet, though, these little puffs are mixed with cheese before baking and are savory, and although they're not hard to make, they're impressive and tasty.
5) Brazilian Chocolate Truffles. Also from Food & Wine magazine, these truffles are made with sweetened condensed milk instead of heavy cream, adding a caramel-like flavor. Roll the candy in sprinkles, nuts, or shredded coconut for added flair.
6) Stuffed Mushrooms. These can be made with button or baby bella mushrooms, and you can add some chopped spinach to the cheese mixture for some color, too.
7) Sugar-Coated Pecans. These are a holiday favorite for many people, and they only call for a handful of ingredients.