Cadillac is banking on its entry-level crossover, though there's nothing really entry-level about this luxury five-passenger crossover that looks even better than its more creased XT5 big brother. The new XT4 is a welcomed member into the Caddy lineup, especially since the brand will focus more on crossover than on sedans (like everyone else it seems). We show you how we'd spec it after going through Cadillac's rather robust configurator.
Like many of the vehicles in its segment, the five-seat XT4 comes standard with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. Cadillac's version makes 237 horsepower. A nine-speed automatic and front-wheel drive are standard, while all-wheel drive is available. The front-wheel-drive XT4 betters most of its competitors with its 27 mpg combined rating, though many of its rivals come with standard all-wheel drive.
All XT4s are outfitted with Cadillac's newest 8-inch infotainment display that includes Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support. It also has fewer touch-sensitive controls than other recent Cadillacs, so it should be less frustrating to operate. These attributes, combined with a budget-conscious base trim, should make the XT4 a viable pick for a compact luxury SUV.
Here's how we'd configure the XT4 if it was our own money:
- Cadillac XT4 Sport: $41,795 (base MSRP)
- Twilight Blue Metallic Exterior Paint ($625)
- Jet Black with Cinnamon accents, Leather Seating Surfaces with Mini-Perforated inserts (included)
- Comfort and Convenience Package ($2,450): 8-way power front passenger seat adjuster, Driver massage seat controls, Front passenger massage seat controls, Ventilated driver and front passenger seats, Hands-Free Power Liftgate
- Technology Package ($1,400): In-vehicle air ionizer, 8" diagonal color Driver Information Center, Head-Up Display, Power rake and telescoping steering column, Wireless Charging
- Cold Weather Package ($850): Heated driver and front passenger seats, Heated rear outboard seats, Automatic heated steering wheel
- Driver Awareness Package ($770):
Low SpeedForward Automatic Braking, Front Pedestrian Braking, Following Distance Indicator, Forward Collision Alert, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, IntelliBeam
- Total as Configured: $54,725 (incl. $995 destination charge)