Insanely fast limos are all the rage because money shouldn't just buy you a wheeled boardroom. That boardroom should possess the ability to rocket you to illegal speeds faster than you can say "Beef Wellington". So in line with this mentality is the brand new M-badged 7-Series known as the 760Li xDrive. It's fast, luxurious and pretty danged huge -- all letting the plebs know that you've arrived and you're not going to settle for less.
The details on the new car are as follows:
- Under the hood is a monstrous twin-turbocharged 6.6-liter V12 engine, the same mill found in the BMW-powered Rolls Royce Ghost and Wraith. Power numbers are predicted to be at least 600 horsepower and 590 lb-ft of torque, available as low as 1,500 rpm. Rumor has it that it could go as high as 624 hp.
- 0-60 should happen in under 4 seconds, which is essentially close to supercar territory. It should top out at 155 mph.
- All this power is mated to a
quick-shifting8-speed automatic transmission that routes it to all four wheels.
- The M760i receives a beautiful M aerodynamic package with larger air intakes, Cerium Grey trim, active louvers in the kidney grille for improved highway aero and stunning M-badged 20-inch double-spoke wheels. Ample V12 and M-badging occur both inside and outside the vehicle.
- Pricing has yet to be announced, but the car will be released with fresh pricing details just before its launch early next year.