A few decades ago, it was pretty easy to tell what cars were the most American ones. There wasn't a single foreign car built in the United States at that time... until the year 1982 when Honda built their first Accord on our shores. The historic date was November 1, 1982. The Marysville, OH plant was the first Japanese car factory in America, and the Accord was even given a special license plate of "USA 001." Now, it's tough to tell which vehicles are the most American. Translation: they're not just built by American works here but comprised of mostly American sourced parts.
Although most of the vehicles on this illustrious list are from domestic automakers, a whopping four of them are from Honda/Acura. So, on this July 4th, we give you a comprehensive list of the most American made vehicles for 2018. Show your patriotism and go out and buy one today.
1. Jeep Cherokee (Belvidere, Illinois)
2. Honda Odyssey (Lincoln, Alabama)
3. Honda Ridgeline (Lincoln, Alabama)
4. Ford Taurus (Chicago)
5. Chevrolet Volt (Detroit)
6. Honda Pilot (Lincoln, Alabama)
7. Acura MDX (East Liberty, Ohio)
8. Ford Explorer (Chicago)
9. Ford F-150 (Claycomo, Missouri and Dearborn, Michigan)
10. Chevrolet Corvette (Bowling Green, Kentucky)