Do you really need to wax your car in addition to washing it? If you're like most drivers, you neglect this step in your car maintenance routine. Spending just a tad more time giving your vehicle a good wash and top coat will help keep it looking its best and can even prevent the paint from chipping in the future. Applying a high-quality car wax will give your vehicle that 'fresh out of the dealership' shine and keep the exterior damage free for longer. This is especially important for vehicles that sit out in the elements such as sun, acid rain, or snow for long periods of time. An all-in-one car wax kit in addition to a little elbow grease will make you proud to get behind the wheel of your ride again.
1. Turtle Wax Ultimate Car Care Kit
If you don't want to waste time walking up and down the aisles of your car care shop, this all-in-one Ultimate Car Care Kit from Turtle Wax ($28) arms you with all the essentials in one complete set. A collection of 10 items to wash, wax and detail your car will make it look as good as new and guard it against the damage of the elements. The Turtle Wax kit makes car detailing simple enough for the newbie to master and achieve near-professional results. First, wash your vehicle with the wax wash, then wax it with the Quick and Easy Wax & Dry formula, apply the Wet’N Black Ultra Wet Tire Shine to your tires, buff away any scratches, and take care of the interior surfaces with the Inside & Out Protectant.
- Quick & Easy Zip Wax Wash & Wax 16 oz.
- Quick & Easy Wax & Dry Spray Wax 26 oz.
- Quick & Easy Dash & Glass Interior Detailer 23 oz.
- Wet’N Black Ultra Wet Tire Shine 23 oz.
- Power Out! Odor-X Odor Eliminator & Refresher Spray 2 oz.
- Scratch & Swirl Remover 11 oz.
- Quick & Easy Inside & Out Protectant 10.4 oz.
- 2 Premium Large Microfiber Towels.
- 1 Durable Foam Applicator Pad.
2. Meguiar's Complete Car Care Set
A favorite of car enthusiasts, the Meguiar's Complete Car Care set ($54) offers a solution to give your car the full wash and wax treatment just in time for the summer months. Even your 2006 sedan can look brand new after an hour or two of attention with this wash and wax set. Meguiar's set offers a great value for all the items that come in the kit. Along with the car wash and wax solutions, interior detailing spray, and the application tools, you'll find two clay bars which you can consider your secret weapons. They can be used to remove stubborn tar, bug and other miscellaneous residues from the paint of your car.
- Bottle of Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner 16 oz.
- Bottle of Gold Class Carnauba Plus Liquid Wax 16 oz.
- Bottle of Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Gel 16 oz.
- One container of Quik Detailer
- Bottle of Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner 16 oz.
- 50-gram clay bars with a clamshell container
- One container of PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish
- One container of ScratchX
- One microfiber towel
- One foam applicator pad
- One Microfiber Wash Mitt
3. Chemical Guys Starter Car Care Kit
The Chemical Guys Starter Care kit ($60) comes with 7 products to restore everything from your car's paint to the wheels, glass, and plastic components such as the bumpers, door mirrors, grilles, and dashboards. These products are simple to use and effective enough for both the Average Joe or the professional. If your only experience with car care is going through an automatic car wash at the gas station, check out Chemical Guys' helpful instructional videos to learn the best way to use the items in this kit.
- Citrus Wash & Gloss Car Wash Soap 16 oz.
- Signature Series Wheel Cleaner 16 oz.
- Speed Wipe Detail Spray 16 oz.
- Light Duty Blue Clay Bar
- Butter Wet Wax 16 oz.
- Signature Series Glass Cleaner 16 oz.
- Silk Shine Dressing 16 oz.