Nissan is no stranger to off-road racing and the Titan Warrior concept is a reminder of that. Based on the Titan XD, the Warrior concept has a wider body, better suspension and looks a whole lot more badass. It just took the stage at the Detroit Auto Show, and it surely didn't go unnoticed.
With styling referred to as “Modern Armor” by Nissan Design America, the Titan Warrior looks like it’s ready to go into battle. With large fender bulges, angular headlights and taillights with custom LEDs, skid plates and a matte silver and orange paint scheme, it is intimidating and beautiful. While not quite as refined as Ford’s Raptor, the Titan Warrior is impressive. Here are some of the highlights:
- 400 hp, 5.0-liter Cummins V8 turbodiesel mated to a six-speed automatic
- Custom designed, internal bypass reservoir shocks, which should make for both long travel and a plush ride
- 6-inch wider body than the original XD
- Crew cab and standard Titan XD wheelbase
- 37-inch, oversized tires
- Lifted from 78.7 inches to 81.5 inches
It’s unclear if the Titan Warrior will actually make it as a Titan variation, but we’re happy to see Nissan mixing things up. Hopefully, the company will continue to pursue it as a possibility, because we’d love a realistic competitor to Ford’s Raptor.