The BMW 2-Series stands as the best driver's car in the Bavarian stable, and it's getting improvements in the power department and name changes that are more in line with the bigger brethren, the 3-Series. For the 2017 model year, the 228i becomes the
Here are the details on the changes that go beyond just re-badging:
- The 230i will get 248 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque, a jump of 8 hp and 3 lb-ft of torque over the 2016 model.
- The M240i gets 335 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque, an increase of 15 hp and 39 lb-ft of torque, a much more substantial jump than the 230i.
- All-wheel-drive models get only the eight-speed automatic transmission while rear-wheel drive versions get a slick six-speed manual (standard on the 230i and available on the M240i).
- Both cars should operate with increased smoothness thanks to updated hardware and software changes that haven't been specified as yet.
- Both cars will launch in the summertime with pricing forthcoming.
If the BMW 2-Series interests you, take a closer look at these other
sporty cars we've helmed recently:
Lexus RC 200t F Sport
Find Local Discounts on the Lexus RC 200t