Hyundai promised us some great cars via the new Genesis premium brand, and so far they've delivered. Okay, so the G80 is just a rebadged Hyundai Genesis sedan, but we think it's fantastic, and the G90 luxury sedan is also superb. A couple of SUVs and a performance car are on the way, and it seems the Korean automaker is going to pour some serious firepower into their G70 sports sedan, so much that it's purported to be faster than even the sister company's Kia Stinger GT.
Here's what we know so far about the G70:
- The upcoming Genesis G70 will share the same platform as the new Kia Stinger, but the Genesis brand will set their sports sedan apart from the sister car in significant ways.
- According to a CarAdvice interview with Guido Schenken from the Hyundai
AustrialiaPR office, the G70 will be shorter, narrower, and lighter than the Stinger and will be a pure sports sedan.
- The engine will probably be the same as the Stinger GT's 3.3-liter twin turbo, which hits 60 mph in 5.1 seconds, but the lighter weight will allow the G70 to accelerate faster.
- In its fastest configuration, the Stinger hits 60 mph from a stop in 5.1 seconds thanks to a twin-turbocharged 3.3-liter V6 engine. It will also handle better, and the shorter wheelbase will allow it to be
- The 2018 Genesis G70 is planned for a 2017 debut and will likely sell as a 2018 model.